Tanderra Craft Village – South Australia
The Tanderra Craft Village is a complete village, craft market, specialty shops, special interest groups and tearooms.
The Tanderra Craft Village was established in 1990 as a community centre to provide an outlet for locally made handcrafts, and a permanent home for the development of crafts in Whyalla.
The buildings are also of interest due to their heritage significance - they are the original BHP single men's quarters built in 1942 to house the large workforce constructing the steelworks and shipyard.
The craft displayed for sale in the craft shop comes from as far away as Ceduna on the west coast and Port Lincoln in the south, Port Augusta in the north and Laura in the mid-north.
Port Augusta Road, Whyalla, 100 metres north of the information centre.
Last weekend of every month, 10am - 4pm.